No pictures this time, guys. I do need to take pictures of where I live...maybe once I actually decorate the walls.
Germany has been hectic lately (and I should be doing something productive right now...but no). I've been getting health insurance/visa/bank account stuff straightened out or attempting to anyway.
Here's what I've been dealing with:
Went to the bank to get an account -> Able to open an account but find out it's frozen til I get my visa -> Go to get visa, find out can't get visa because I have to have x Euro/month -> Present bank statement from US to prove I have enough money to survive in Germany -> Find out German government doesn't trust me with my own money so I have to wire all my money to Germany and then have the account block so I can only take out x Euro once a month -> open a second account so the x Euro/month has somewhere to go -> Find out x Euro doesn't automatically get put into second bank account and I'll have to go to the bank every month and transfer it myself -> Wonder if being in Germany is worth the hassle.
Other than that, just been practicing my Deutsch and hanging out in Flensburg. I am very content with the abundance of pretzel bread here :D.
Friday, October 2, 2009
They have red tape in Germany too
Posted by
Ariana
at
5:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment