Saturday, September 26, 2009

Flensburg and Glücksburg

So Germans like to walk...a lot. And today we did lots of walking, as we took a walking tour of Flensburg.

Here are a few pictures:

Nordermarkt

Flensburg Harbor

Südermarkt - The market here is every Saturday and Wednesday, we also toured the old church in the background

After our walking tour we took a boat to the nearby town of Glücksburg. Glücksburg has an old castle that dates back hundreds of years to when Northern Germany was part of Denmark. The castle was a vacation place for the Danish royal family.
German Naval Academy, as seen from boat to Glücksburg

The Castle
Sailboats in the sea, the part where the land dips down is the Danish border

I'm sure I will sleep well tonight...it was a lot of walking.

PS: I had to change my layout, because you couldn't see the pictures clearly on the old one. Maybe at some point I'll try and find another cool one that works better.





0 comments:

Post a Comment