So as you all know, this past Thursday was Thanksgiving. And, being Americans, us US exchange students weren't about to pass up an opportunity to eat enormous amounts of food. So we decided to cook our own Thanksgiving meal.
The planning of this meal had been ongoing for over a month. Things were shipped from the States to make it as authentic as possible. The final meal ended up being: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, croissants, rolls, and cupcakes for dessert. I put together a nice bruschetta appetizer for people to eat while things were cooking. We also had a representative from both Poland and Germany.
True to the Great American Thanksgiving Traditions, we had our own turkey disaster. As in, we took the turkey out and it wasn't cooked all the way through. Thankfully, the breast was cooked, so we carved that out and stuck the rest back in. As far as I've heard, no one has died (and it's been 3 days) so I count that a win. I will try to post pictures, but my computer is being stupid and giving me trouble.
Now, after our dinner, we found out that their was a Glühwein party going on at the Kindergarten behind our building. Free all you could drink Glühwein and Bier (as long as you brought your own cup). There's something to be thankful for.
I hope everybody in the States had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Bis nächstes Mal!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Thanksgiving
Posted by
Ariana
at
2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds just as good as a maggiano's Thanksgiving dinner! Hope everything is good with you!!! We missed you back her in the states!
Maggie
Chef Ariana - who would of thunk it! Sounds like fun in a international sort of way. Enjoy on!
Post a Comment